These are some great personal finance videos. They cover some basic and advanced strategies for personal finance, investing, and saving.
Mint Video- The Three Principles of Personal Finance
There have been over 10,000 books written on personal finance. This video summarized the main points into three major areas of personal finance. The CEO of Mint.com talks about making smart decisions that have greater impact in the long run. Things like renting instead of buying, investing early in life, having a credit card that pays out rewards, and other personal finance tips are discussed.
SNL Video – Don’t Buy Stuff
In this video a couple are having a hard time making ends meet. They continue to get more bills and have tried a number of things like pulling out loans to make payments on their existing debt. The author of a new system teaches them a sure fire way to get out of debt. The ideas are strange to the couple but the author helps them understand tips like: “If you don’t have money, don’t buy stuff.” and “You make sure you have money, then you buy stuff.”
In speaking to an MBA class Warren Buffet provides great words of wisdom. He talks about what makes a wise investing decisions. In this video talks about the idea of investing in a person you know. Would you pick the smartest? The most social? What qualities do you look for? Hopefully you become the type of person that you would like to invest in.
Words of Wisdom
- “Japanese companies earn very low returns on equity.”
- “Time is the friend of a good business and the enemy of a bad business.”
- “If you risk something that is important to you for something that is unimportant to you, it just does not make any sense – and the odds don’t matter.”
- “I was going to do the same things when I had a lot a money as when I had very little money.”
- “You are out of your mind if you keep taking jobs you don’t like because you think it will look good on your resume.”
- “The beta of a stock doesn’t tell you the risk of a stock. It doesn’t tell you a damned thing about the stock.”
- “Taking a job you don’t like is a little like saving up sex for your old age.”
‘Money As Debt’ Video – How money is created.
The “Money as Debt” video describes what money actually is. The video explains how money is being created through debt. The video provides a history of money and how bankers have created money. Modern financial policy and fiat money principles are not sound or logical. This video goes in depth about how the current financial system works.